Corner of Middle and Pollock Str
New Bern, NC 28560
(252) 675-5360

Carolina Carriage Tours can add flair to wedding party transportation three seasons of the year. One special thank you party for the attendants or an elegant journey between wedding site and that of the reception represent only two of the unlimited options available. Call or stop at the corner of Middle...more about Carolina Carriage Tours

Rental Equipment

3112 N.C. Hwy. 24
Newport, NC 28570
(910) 389-7498

Class Act Catering provides all custom planned work with menus designed in themes tailored to individual preferences. Welcoming the clients' ideas, this catering organization pulls off anniversary and birthday celebrations, showers, office parties, wedding events and funeral meals exactly as the hosts desire. Class Act can offer various theme menus such as...more about Class Act Catering

1253 S. Glenburnie Rd.
New Bern, NC 28562
(252) 638-6000

Country-Aire Rental offers a complete line of items for weddings and receptions, everything from archways and candelabra for the ceremony to bud vases for the reception tables. A staff wedding and event coordinator assists in handling everything necessary for the occasion, including decor items, glassware, china, flatware, linens, tents, tables and...more about Country-Aire Rental

New Bern, NC 28560
(252) 671-6939

Pam DuVal is a non-denominational wedding officiant, a professional wedding consultant and a woman who loves her work. By appointment, DuVal provides bridal accessories appropriate for any size ceremony, including a variety of quality invitations in a wide range of prices. The business rents such supplies as tables, chairs and a...more about Promised Hearts Inc.

Marriage Licenses

North Carolina requires all couples to obtain a marriage license before the ceremony takes place. Licenses are available at any Register of Deeds office in North Carolina. The marriage is recorded in the county in which the license was obtained although the ceremony may take place in any other county in the state. Each county may require specific documents of identification in various age groups and specific fees.

Prospective bride and groom ages 21 and above may apply for a marriage license on line to save time in the Register of Deeds office, but must come in to the Register of Deeds office within three days with driver's licenses, Social Security cards for each and $60 in cash. Those aged 18 through 20 also need to bring along certified copies of their birth certificates. Most counties require a parent or guardian to accompany those 17 and younger. The parent or guardian must present proof of that position. In Craven County, anyone divorced or widowed must bring a divorce decree or certificate of death.

The Register of Deeds office issues marriage licenses Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 4 PM. The license is valid for 60 days in any county in North Carolina. After the wedding, certified copies of the marriage certificate are available from the Register of Deeds in Craven County for $10 each.

Wedding Show

New Bern Riverfront Convention Center
New Bern, NC 28560
(252) 638-8101

January 2020 Expo has been postponed. Date TBA  Anyone planning a wedding in the New Bern area finds a host of contacts and quantities of valuable information at the annual Bridal Expo at the Convention Center in New Bern from 12 - 4 PM. This expo highlights services available locally, including catering,...more about New Bern Bridal Expo

Thank you to our site sponsors for supporting the local business community